This single serving apple crumble is very easy, light and delicious. Apple crumble may seem like a great fall treat, but why not enjoy it year round as a healthy cure for your sweet tooth. All you need is apple, oats (can use gluten-free oats), cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, a dash of sugar, milk, butter and raisins/walnuts. This could be a great dessert or even a nice little breakfast treat!
- 1 medium-sized apple, diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- Walnuts/raisins, optional
- 3 tbsp quick oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1 tbsp oil or butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an oven-safe dish.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir well.
3. Combine oil/butter and oats in a small separate bowl.
4. Mix everything together and pour into the greased dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes in the middle of the oven. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Note: This made such a large serving that I actually split it into two small dishes, so even healthier!!
Recipe Adapted from Chocolatecoveredkatie